NewsCenter is a fully responsive Drupal 7 theme for creating blogs, online magazines, post or articles communities, newspapers websites, editorials and more.
NewsCenter's responsive feature targets a special layout for iPhone/Android (in both Portrait & Landscape mode), iPad/tablet and desktop screen layouts via CSS3 and special features for each one, allowing everyone to access to your site and have a special layout for their device. It also includes a lot of social media sharing features, a SEO optimized layout and a wide set of blocks, views, docs, modules and features included with an easy 5 steps installation via the "Next, next ..." format.
NewsCenter Drupal Theme Features
The most notable features of NewsCenter are:
Detailed List of NewsCenter Features
- Completely Responsive 4 level layout (you can test it resizing your browser):
- iPhone/Android devices in Portrait mode layout
- iPhone/Android devices in Landscape mode layout
- iPad/Tablet PC devices in Portrait mode layout
- Desktop Screen such Mac or PC layout
- Super Easy Installation: "Next, next, next..." format. Based on an installation profile.Watch the Video Tutorial.
- Home Page advanced jQuery slideshow with over 27 effects, including Fade(default), Blind, Curtain, Grow, Scroll, Shuffle, Slide, Toss, Uncover, Zoom and many more… (all just by making one simple click)
- Categorization is completelly Taxonomy focused/based
- WYSIWYG text editor for creating rich text formats
- Advanced Image/Files uploading interface for rich content creation
- Awesome contextual content edition once you get logged in as admin. Just like blocks behave, but with content. Only the users with edition privileges will see them.
- Articles rating system based on stars
- Newsletter subscription for visitors
- Gravatar integration for visitors comments
- Sidebar Advertisement content type for selling ads
- Article Sharing via +300 social media resources via Addthis including: Facebook, Twitter, Mail, LinkedIn, StumbleUpon, etc.
- Usability and UX enhancements: Navigation Breadcrumbs, Friendly URLs, Responsive Layout, Contextual Content Edition, Social Media integration and detailed Documentation.
- Community/Visitors based custom Blocks/Views:
- Top Rated Articles
- Most Commented Articles
- Recent Posts
- Today's Most Popular
- All Time Most Popular
- Articles Images
- This Week Most Popular
- Featured Articles
- Last Viewed
- +15 Prebuilt Views
- Valid XHTML & CSS code
- SEO Optimized HTML code, layout, blocks & Views for higher ranking probabilities
- Advanced typography features you can preview here.
- Sample content for you to have the site build from scratch after installation.
- Works in all major browsers: Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 3.6, Google Chrome 12, Opera 10 & Safari 4 and their respective later versions.
- Detailed and friendly Documentation on "How to..." with graphics you can preview here.
- Customer support in our support forums for theme buyers.
- You can see a much more detailed list of features on the Theme Features page of the demos
Built on Drupal, so you know it's good :)
- Drupal 7.x compatible
- Compatibility (IE 8+, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome)
- Valid XHTML & CSS code
- This theme was built containing a lot of SEO best practices. It uses, in every View & Content Page, semantically valid HTML code and CSS so search engines can index them easily. Headlines are where they should be (h1, h2, h3, h4, etc.) depending on the View hierarchy.
- And lots more!
Drupal Modules Used
- Chaos Tools Suite
- Five Star
- ImageField Crop
- Multi Block
- Similar Terms
- Simple News
- Social Media
- Taxonomy Breadcrumbs
- Taxonomy Menu
- Taxonomy Menu Trails
- Views Slideshow
- Voting API
Support for NewsCenter
Note: Themes are updated about once every two months or so. Since we (and authors) update themes regularly you can be sure you get as close to the latest stable releases of Drupal core and the modules when purchasing. Note: We often do not update our themes with "Beta" or "Dev" module releases, as these change more frequently, are not as stable, and sometimes cause errors and other site issues.